Friday, July 31, 2009

Manly Man

This picture has been hanging around our house for years.
My husband acquired it before we ever met.
It's one of his all time favorite quotes, and he reminds me quite often that he doesn't much like people. Well, he didn't much like dogs either until he met me, but that's a whole other story.
Ordinarily, I balk at his taste in home decor, but there is something about this picture that draws me in. It exudes a kind of Clint Eastwood, don't mess with me, make my day kind of attitude.
I like it.
I like the dog in the picture too.
It reminds me of a simple life.
The kind of life where small pleasures are the ultimate treasures.

"I'm the dullest tool in the shed" ~ My husband J
You see, my husband likes it when people underestimate him. It gives him the upper hand.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote too - dogs are much easier to love at times than people. And I don't underestimate Justin! But he can be quite unassuming! :)

    ReplyDelete