Monday, August 24, 2009

A song in my heart




Ah, the good ol' days. Today's quotable comes from my childhood. This is a little ditty my papaw used to sing to me when I was a little girl. It's a song that he made up especially for my sister and me.


"Hello, little girl, who made your britches? Papaw cut em out, Mamaw sewed the stitches."

So simple, and yet so poetic. When I hear this in my head it makes me think of such happy times. I sing this song to my dog sometimes. Silly, I know. But it always cheers me up. I miss my Papaw and my Mamaw every single day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I can't leave a comment on your write click blog. I tried all day yesterday. I was hunting for your e=mail address to answer some of your questions and finnaly came to your profile and saw that you had other blogs. I tried to comment again this morning and it just won't open when I click on comment.

    e-mail me some time so I will have your e-mail address, mine is: gigigriffis@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete