Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two magazines that encourage growth spurts in me.

My two favorite magazines are completely opposite in nature. The first, is Woman's World, a very thin magazine for women that is loaded with tons of useful information on food, health, money, relationships, etc. It's simple and to the point. All of the bits of information are given without long, drawn out, wordy paragraphs. Straight to the point without all the mumble jumble. You don't have to invest a lot of time reading about one subject. I learn more from this little magazine on food and health than I do anywhere else.

Success Magazine is my other favorite magazine. I have been a subscriber to this magazine for quite awhile now. I think it is the best magazine for anyone who is interested in personal development, growing confidence, and building successful relationships, and businesses. It is packed with inspiring stories of real people who have obtained success. It features some of the most acclaimed motivational speakers, and leaders of our time. I refer to this magazine quite often for ideas, inspiration and motivation. It is one of many tools I use as a guide to help me along my journey of personal growth.

Today's noteworthy quotables come from my two favorite magazines.

Woman's World: Being kind and thoughtful has its advantages:
a survey of employers finds that conscientiousness and politeness are five times more likely to impress your boss than your intelligence or skills! "Things like returning calls promptly, sending thank-you notes and greeting co-workers every morning can go a long way in your success." David Niven, Ph.D author of The 100 Simple Secrets of Successful People.


Success Magazine: "Whatever good things we build end up building us." ~Jim Rohn


What tools do you use for your personal development? What are you reading, doing, participating in that feeds your passion and helps you grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment