Friday, August 7, 2009


Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. ~Seneca

Tomorrow, I am flying to Nashville, TN to meet with my sister who is there on work assignment. I was in Nashville once before back in 1995. It was a late honeymoon that my husband and I took, and because he knew that I had always wanted to go to Memphis to see Graceland, that's what we did, but only after staying in Nashville for a couple of days. I fell in love with the state of Tennessee. I have never seen such beautiful scenery or had the priviledge of meeting such warm and friendly people. I left that beautiful state feeling like that's where I belong, almost as if it was calling out my name. I've been to lots of beautiful places and I've met lots of warm and friendly people, but this experience was different. The only way I know how to describe it is to say that it felt like I was returning home to a past life. It's a knowing deep inside that you can't really explain, because if you do most people will think you're crazy or on the edge of crazy.

I am happy and ecstatic to have the opportunity to return to this lovely place even if it is only for a couple of days. I've been containing my excitement but it's now starting to show. I will revel in my journey of thoughts and imagine myself full of energy and happiness, and seeing everyday things in a new light.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that's where you went for your honeymoon. :) What a great memory. Here's to creating new memories in a wonderful city! Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to see Tennessee - I hope you take pictures and share them!

    ReplyDelete